PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
When the DFW members meet up, at least when I've been, it is here. I've began to frequent the place, probably once a week lately, and a couple months ago I was looking for something (can't remember now what) and I called them, the fellow at the counter told me they were phasing out pipe tobacco and I should go online. This floored me, and I posted a thread on here about it but I now can't find it. Anyway, I was in there last week and picked up some Esoterica Dunbar and loved it but it was the only tin on the shelf. Today I had to go to the main office and since it's conveniently located right between the main office and my office, I felt I must stop...always do. So I'm in there looking through there tins and about to head to the humidor when the same guy that said go online asks if I'm looking for something particular..I said yea more Dunbar, he said "It's on order" this really suprised me, if they are phasing out, why reorder??? So we got to talking and they are under new ownership and he said "I was told to keep Penzance, Stonehaven, dunbar, Nightcap etc..on hand at all cost! As I now understand the phase out is out of the question and there is more tobacco going to be stocked there, even wanted ideas what I'd like to see instock. I for one am glad to see this and I hope it sticks. Its a damn fine place to visit. So DFW guys stop by and by something.

mountainman

Can't Leave
May 4, 2012
That is great to hear! The Up in Smoke by my house (Highland Village) has never changed the 5 or 6 tins on their shelf and have an ever dwindling pipe selection. I prefer the one by NorthPark. I will definitely swing by there and pick up some Stonehaven. :)

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
@mountainman the one uptown on McKinney is the one I was at. This was my first visit that he didn't refer me to the Northpark store..I'm really hoping all the locations will improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.