PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Some of you may recall a while back I posted about a custom 4 space pipe rack my 5 year old daughter made for me. Well she’s gone and topped it this week. When I went to pick her up from her classroom, she proudly presented me this rocket ship looking contraption, and preceded to tell her classmates and teachers that it’s a rocket storage container for my tobacco. ?? puffy 637BD262-33C2-45E7-909E-80A4A6DC476B.jpegCE77046C-EC7E-4CB8-875B-E6CA4FB5F230.jpeg

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
You've done well dad! However my wife would be pissed if my daughter talked about me smoking, or my tobacco in school.

But my wife is a closet smoker. Always hides her cigs from our daughter lol.
Haha it would be a stretch to say my wife was delighted. She told me she had a nightmare last night where she had decided to take up pipe smoking. Lol At first I thought, man that’d be the dream, and then I quickly realised I hadn’t factored family members into the cellaring goal. ?

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Haha it would be a stretch to say my wife was delighted. She told me she had a nightmare last night where she had decided to take up pipe smoking. Lol At first I thought, man that’d be the dream, and then I quickly realised I hadn’t factored family members into the cellaring goal. ?
It would be a nightmare if my wife took up pipe smoking. Then she would know how much money I spend on it! And I'm the cheapest out of all of you! Hahaha

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
How did the teachers and students react to that in this overtly PC world @Ahi Ka ?

Or are they more on the level over there in good old NZ?

Most importantly which tobacco will you cellar in that fabulous work of art?
The teachers burst out laughing and it went over her friends heads. It’s quite funny actually how pipe smoking is received over here, at least in my own personal experience, it seems to skip a lot of the social stigma associated with cigarettes and reminds people of their grandad.

I’m thinking of putting some homegrown burley in it to let it soak up that plasticy goodness. Hopefully it’ll come out like lane 1q! Haha

Brendan

Lifer
May 16, 2021
Cowra, New South Wales, Australia.
Excellent puffy
Just noticed the cardboard tube on the side is perfect for pipe cleaner storage and the black foam with red crepe paper must symbolise a lit morta pipe with a hot glowing ember.
The cardboard glued to the side is for making notes or marking what blend is inside.
Your daughter has put some serious thought into this!

Seriously though kids are awesome.

• Love
Reactions: OzPiper and Ahi Ka