PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
Have you used Untappd? It's a mobile app for droids and iPhones that you can check into and track whatever kinds of beer you are drinking at a particular moment in time. I signed up for one because a lot of my friends are using it; "beer-pressure." Duhhh.
So last night, I was enjoying a Moerlein Oktoberfest, and I thought, "hey why not post this to my account." A minute later I got some clinkies from others enjoying the same beer. Neat. I finished my beer (which was delicious), picked myself up, and went to head out back when I thought, "hrm, I wonder if there is an app for pipe smokes just like this?!?" I searched the net, and nothing came back. Bummer.
So my question is, does anyone know of an app that does this for pipes or smokes? I realize it's not that cool, but isn't it?

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Thats a very neat idea... same concept but for tobacco's... hhmmm if you want I can talk to my cousin who makes console games but has been getting into mobile apps and see what he thinks.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
DaytonSean,
You could try to contact the people that made your beer app. They could remake a pipe tobacco/cigar/general tobacco app in the same manor as the beer app with little difficulty if they thought they could make some money with it.
They allready have the groundwork so to speak.

jsiddle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 24, 2012
DaytonSean,
You could try to contact the people that made your beer app. They could remake a pipe tobacco/cigar/general tobacco app in the same manor as the beer app with little difficulty if they thought they could make some money with it.
They allready have the groundwork so to speak.
Flawless Idea

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
The ground work or the framework, whatever you want to call it is basic... its along the same lines of many social apps like yelp and whatnot... I believe the difficult part will be getting all the info for the actual tobaccos and or b&m's

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
The untappd app has a lot of bugs and problems. I would rather see a good developer do a tobacco app. I really think it would be a hit!

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
The only pipe app i know is Pipe tool, like like tobaccoreviews.com but mobile and you can upload your cellar and email it to people...pretty cool...
If you want to see my cellar, pm me your email address and i'll send it to you??

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
I searched the app store on my iphone using the keywords, "Pipe Smoking" heres what came up
Nothing usefull for us pipe smokers, unless you want to "pretend" to smoke a pipe on your phone
iSmoke~Free

Mid-Smoke- a virtual pipe smoking app, where you rub your finger on your phone to make "your" pipe smoke??

Hookah Shisha Simulator

Smoke App II lite-A smoking simulator

ePipe-Italian (?) pipe information app

ismoke- looks like Mid-Smoke

iShisha

iSmoke II-a virtual smoking app

Water pipe

Cuban Cigar

Hookah Shisha simulator

Cigar Reaction time

Cigar Terrace

Smoker useful-Smoking quotes