PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkelaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2012
I have a good customer looking for an unsmoked Cavicchi One C non-filter. If any of you have one that you would consider selling, I will put you in contact with him.
Thanks!
Dave

mkelaw-pipes.com

Dec 24, 2012
I have a Cavicci I bought last year and have never got around to smoking but have no idea whether it is one c or not. How do you tell?

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
That is a beautiful pipe Peck. I have been eyeing Cavicchi's for a short while but haven't researched their grading or sizing system yet. How much does that pipe weigh Peck?
Edit: well that was easy. Looks like that is perhaps a 1C according to this:

http://www.theitalianpipe.com/infowell/guides/cavicchi.htm

Dec 24, 2012
I don't know how heavy. It is not a heavy pipe by any means. I suspect if it was a one c it would say that on the pipe but it doesn't. I bought it at smoking pipes and the price tag of $181 is still in the bowl. Based on that price, it is certainly one of his lower end pipes. I bought it last year when I just started getting into pipes and just never got around to taking it out of the bag (or the box, for that matter).

mkelaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2012
I'll bump this for ya, Dave.
Thanks!
I have a Cavicci I bought last year and have never got around to smoking but have no idea whether it is one c or not. How do you tell?
Cavicchi grading on smooths is one through four C's - C to CCCC. Not sure but I don't think blasts or rusticated Cavicchis are graded in the same way.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Here's a 5C:
cavicchi5clft-1-600x450.jpg

indyjg

Lurker
May 10, 2013
Cavicchi currently only uses the C grading system on his clear smooth pipes and they range from C to CCCCC. His brown smooth, sandblasted, and rusticated aren't currently graded though in the past I think he did sometimes grade these pipes. Regardless of finish, I think all Cavicchi pipes are spectacular and you can't go wrong with one.

Status
Not open for further replies.