Unique Samuel Gawith Tin? (Golden Colour)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

heyeveryone

Lurker
Apr 8, 2019
My recent shipment of Samuel Gawith contained a unicorn of some sort. One of the new silver tins but it was not silver, it was gold in colour.

Called my tobacconist who was not much of help, though he did recall noticing the tin and knew what I was talking about. Normaly he don't remember such things.

Searching doesen't give me much information either. Anyone here know whats up? The tin is identical to the new silver tins in shape and form, only difference is the colour.

The tin is a Sam's Flake, date code 28 290, which if I understand correctly is 28th of Nov 2020

New silver tin ontop, unicorn in the middle and an old tin at the bottom.

IMG_3797.JPG

• Love
Reactions: JOHN72

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Forgot to mention that I received multiple tins of Sam's Flake with identical date code stickers, but only one of them was golden, rest silver.
Well there you go, off to Samuel Wonka's tobacco factory! Just be careful of those baccy-wackies. Mean little shits that like to sing condescending songs and kick you in the knee caps.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Sorry to 'crush' your dream @heyeveryone but no unicorn, I'm afraid to say. Since Brexit Gawith's have had to source out different suppliers for their tins. I've got more than a few of both gold & silver, all very pretty but worth checking the seals too as seals on both can be a bit dodgy....
image.jpeg

heyeveryone

Lurker
Apr 8, 2019
Sorry to 'crush' your dream @heyeveryone but no unicorn, I'm afraid to say. Since Brexit Gawith's have had to source out different suppliers for their tins. I've got more than a few of both gold & silver, all very pretty but worth checking the seals too as seals on both can be a bit dodgy....

So no Samuel Wonka factory tour for me? Aww :cry:

Oh well, happy I found an answer though so thanks!

eljimmy

Lifer
Jan 3, 2021
Los Angeles, California
My recent shipment of Samuel Gawith contained a unicorn of some sort. One of the new silver tins but it was not silver, it was gold in colour.

Called my tobacconist who was not much of help, though he did recall noticing the tin and knew what I was talking about. Normaly he don't remember such things.

Searching doesen't give me much information either. Anyone here know whats up? The tin is identical to the new silver tins in shape and form, only difference is the colour.

The tin is a Sam's Flake, date code 28 290, which if I understand correctly is 28th of Nov 2020

New silver tin ontop, unicorn in the middle and an old tin at the bottom.

View attachment 103747
Your actual date is January 28, 2020