PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Just a quick notice for those who are planning to have unfinished Savinelli pipe,just had gotten me one of those,and while there was some pitmarks,yet fillings and the steam was a hair off line,the overall smoking experience right from the first bowl was outstanding in terms of smokeability,the pipe performed very well,no overheating isssues or anything, so I'd happyly to these Savinelli Grezzas to anyone as a consumerfriedly' and economy everyday working pipes. Thank you for your time.

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
They are great pipes. Super smokers at a real bargain price. And they color nicely over time. Love mine.

johnsteam86

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2018
They are good pipes. The unfinished series was the first one that I bought when I began pipe smoking and am glad they still offer them. Was thinking of getting a couple more of them this year simply because of how they smoke and the price.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I haven't encountered the pipes as the Grezza series, but I have been buying Sav unfinished pipes for about 40 years. The oldest is a billiard that has a lovely walnut patina, entirely "self" finished. I also have a bent Dublin and a panel billiard in stages of turning lovely shades of brown. This is one of the great experiences of pipe smoking and I highly recommend it. If you can shop for these in person, you can often find pipes that have almost undectectable fills or pits, and the fills do not pop out (in my experience) nor discolor overtly. I take the blemishes as part of the package and don't mind them. Mine have come without filters, which I prefer. Shop for these in person if you can, but don't hesitate to buy them online if you can't shop in person. As these have been discovered, the price has gone up, but they are still a bargain.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
based on my experience In Europe these unfinished Savinelli Grezzas are mostly and uniquely sold in Italy.Italy based Tabaccherias (Tobacco shops) are offering those at the most affordable prices ever seen.Nonetheless the Shipping costs even within te EU region I'd say are something else but affordable,ships by Experess corriere signed for.Very fast delivery.

badbeard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 9, 2017
Kentucky, USA
I've been looking at these over at paylesscigarsandpipes.com. They have the Series III and the Grezza Lucite. I am assuming the only difference between them is the stem? Is the Grezza line also unfiltered?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Unfinished Savinelli's are still widely available, but i think when Sav bought Rossi they channeled many of their stummels with minor imperfections to Rossi, since the shapes are all Sav shapes. They give them a rusticated, blast or matte finish, and they smoke as well as Savs. But the unfinished Savinelli still give a unique and wonderful pipe experience, not to be missed.

joeman

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2016
South Carolina
Badbeard - since you're thinking of buying there, I'm happy to provide an email for a gent in customer service; he was very helpful to me, and even picked out the best pipe in the 320 shape. He did good...only one tiny fill on the one I received!

Status
Not open for further replies.