PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have racks, a single-pipe stand or two, and have found a dozen places to lean a pipe, plus a little low dish that holds one to four pipes where they support each other. And oh, I love sitters in all their various forms. Peterson's B11 brandy is a champ. Those leather loops look terrific; now just figure out the most strategic places to put them.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have 3 racks and one round 6 pipe holder. My two major racks are a 36 count Savinelli rack and a vintage rack that holds 15 pipes. I do also have a 12 count rack that sits atop on my 36 count rack. I think I have maybe 3 pipes in it.

My Savinelli rack is made of burl wood and had a retail price of around 2000.00 back in the late 1990's. It is really sweet with tinted glass and three holes on each side. I traded a guy who owned a huge liquor store who was getting into the Cuban cigar game and I had all kinds of good stuff to trade him. I ended up trading him a box of Trinidad Fundadores I was into for only 292.00. Back in the late 90's the SPanish Pesetas was in the toilet at 181 to the US dollar so Spanish cigar stores were a great place to buy them. Cohiba Siglo III's were 177.00 a box. The Trinidad Fundadores were 336.00 in Cuba and 292.00 in Spain. purosexpress.com were the people I was dealing with.

I am like an idiot savant when it comes to remembering numbers. I cannot remember anything about yesterday but numbers from decades ago I remember. It is kind of scary to be honest.

Ethan

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2021
Massachusetts, USA
I have racks, a single-pipe stand or two, and have found a dozen places to lean a pipe, plus a little low dish that holds one to four pipes where they support each other. And oh, I love sitters in all their various forms. Peterson's B11 brandy is a champ. Those leather loops look terrific; now just figure out the most strategic places to put them.
I am counting on these to be portable. Flatten out easy enough to stuff in a pocket. I have a pipe rack I built that stays in the livingroom, holds 14. These should be good for outdoor smokes at the picnic table, or when going just about anywhere.

stickframer

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2015
I don't have any of those leather stands, although I like the look of them. I've got a handful of the plastic folding ones that I use when smoking, if the pipe won't sit on it's own.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I have two pipe stands. One holds two pipes. The Vauen and the Brebbia share that one. I have on that is shaped like a deck chair and that is for the Peterson Churchwarden I don't use enough. The Falcons I tend to disassemble and leave them sitting out bowls upside down and stems just laying there. I have them like that just for decoration. Otherwise I don't mind leaving a pipe laying down on it's side as long as it's not in danger of falling.

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
My frend gave me an antique 6 pipe holder with the covered tobacco box thing. If I didn't have it I wouldn't really care. I have shelves and a desk.

That said, I like your new holders....here here!!

rajangan

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 14, 2018
Edmonton, AB
It's not that classy, but at work, since I lost my folding one to the dark chemical sludge under my xray developing tanks, I've been using a roll of masking tape. Any ring that size would work. It doesn't have to be a little form fitting stand.

Reactions: Ethan

Ethan

Can't Leave
Feb 15, 2021
Massachusetts, USA
It's not that classy, but at work, since I lost my folding one to the dark chemical sludge under my xray developing tanks, I've been using a roll of masking tape. Any ring that size would work. It doesn't have to be a little form fitting stand.
Nothing wrong with that, I am not that classy either. Got my leather loop in use right now holding the rossi oom paul full of tobacco as I get ready to go to work....handy little thing.

Reactions: rajangan