PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

piperay70

Lurker
Jan 25, 2015
Hello to you all from Europe, been in this pipe smoking business almost 33 years. Have seen great decline in pipe smoking, been there while Hipsters are sucking aromatic tobacco in a expensive estate pipes. I'm over 50 living with my girlfriend and her daughter...life is nice or misery...smoking mostly nowadays Sam Gawith's Bothy Flake, FVF, Sam's Flake and !792. Used to smoke over 20 years mainly Lat/English. Using mostly pipes made by Chacom.Ashton.Brebbia,Stanwell and Savinelli. Some another European brands like Big Ben, Nording Comoy will give a pleasure to my needs. Old Peterson's are nice too. So been touting and boasting enough just to make a a..e out of myself. I'll wish you all celestial smokes.

jazz

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2014
UK
Greetings from the UK. Pipe smoking is almost non-existent here these days. If I see another pipe smoker 8 times a year then that would be many.
Europe is a big place. Which flag do you sleep under?

piperay70

Lurker
Jan 25, 2015
Thanks Gents for your kind words. I'm living in Denmark , actually my father is half German and half Dane my mother half Swede and half Dane. To compare situation in most of the Europe here we have still some smoking culture thanks Danish Pipe Shop and pipe making artisans. I remember in early 70's people were smoking pipes everywhere, I remember that my grandmother told us kids that back in 40's even the Clippie was smoking during his duties. I'm a bit old fashioned when it comes internet but let's see how I manage to cope with it. So my dear afficionados I wish you all a great day and sublime smokes.

-Ernie

piperay70

Lurker
Jan 25, 2015
Tak for meddelelsen om, at der er mange mennesker her i Skandinavien. Mitt svenska är inte så bra mera men det är alltid fint att höra om människor som bor i Skandinavien, finns det ännu Broberg's tobakhandeln via Arkaden?.

Thanks to everyone for kind messages, smoking Lakeland Dark in a Big Ben bent bulldog.

-Ernie

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome. One of my grade school friends was Danish, Torben Edsberg, son of a young foreign service professional at the Danish consulate. My folks exchanged holiday cards with them for years, at their new posts in South America and eventually back in Denmark. Torben was a high energy blond kid who was way ahead of his grade level, smart as a whip. He'd invite me over after school and we'd have Coca Cola out of a little toy soda fountain machine he'd gotten as a Christmas gift. He gave me a poster of Danish monarchs that I had on my bedroom wall for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.