PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

riptide

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 27, 2010
Colorado
Well with allergy season upon us I find my self unable to smoke my pipes. Evey time I try I clog up and go into a sneezing fit as the smoke tickles. I hope to start smoking again in a few weeks when the tree pollen dies down. :(

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
Pollen is horrible here in Georgia right now. Everything is yellow, and it's only going to get worse over the next few weeks. Thank goodness is hasn't affected my ability to smoke, but it does make my nose clog up.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
Mark Indiana is just as bad. And Charles Talk to your Dr about a algery shot or try zertec or clairten otc I would be sneezing non stop with watery eyes right now if it wasnt for one of them 2

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
A nose full of good strong menthol snuff I hear works for some folks. Kind of blocks the alergans from attaching to the mucus membrane? That is the theory some snuffers claim.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I feel your pain. I've got itchy eyes. I'm not really clogged up, just a continual feeling that my sinuses aren't totally clear. I'm getting a wonderful post nasal drip that's irritating my throat, feels like a lump. I'm taking loratadine, but it doesn't help much.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Welcome to the forums, pipeguy93!
My allergies haven't hit yet, but they wil soon, then it'll be Claratin and Nasocort for the next 8 months.
-Jason

briarpipeboiler

Might Stick Around
Feb 21, 2012
Louisville
yeah, it`s going too be bad here in louisville ky. we had a mild winter, which translates to a bad spring. hope you get better soon. sorry you can not smoke your pipes right now.
take care.
mike.
Mike,
I lived in LVille 00-03 then moved to Indy until 08.
Moved back to LVille in 08 and have had allergies ever since. Terrible. Never had them before I moved back.
I read somewhere that LVille is one of the worst cities in the US for allergies. I can definitely attest to that. Brutal.
Thankfully I can still puff no problem. Just constant watery eyes> sniff.
Good luck getting back on the horse, OP.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
It's kicking ass down here in Texas too. I got hit hard yesterday and today. We finally got some rain, so maybe it will knock some of the pollen out of the air for awhile.

maineyachtie

Can't Leave
Aug 14, 2010
Sorry man. You'll enjoy a pipe all the more when you return to it. It's good to prove your not addicted to nicotine once in a while anyway.

riptide

Jul 27, 2010
Colorado
The Doc told me to Take Allegra So far so good. Now that the wind has died down I only get a few sneezing fits. I have not tried to smoke my pipe yet.

pipedisciple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 18, 2011
I'm suffering now, coughing and sneezing, there is no way I can smoke at the present, I hate the spring pollen season. :crying:

riptide

Jul 27, 2010
Colorado
I was able to smoke a little bit today as I walked to Safeway to buy Basil for pesto tonight. The smoke did not bother me to much.

Status
Not open for further replies.