PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Jun 18, 2020
Wilmington, NC
We were travelling through North Myrtle Beach a few weeks back and stopped by Low Country Pipe and Cigar (SPC brick and mortar). My wife said "go ahead and get a new pipe". Whaaaa... OK!

So I found a nice Savenelli (my first Sav) 904.

Sav904.jpg

And just one week later I saw the new Barling pipes on SPC and well.... the PAD kicked in...

BarlingPoker1.jpg

Both are excellent smokers!

Jun 18, 2020
Wilmington, NC
Thanks everyone. It's been busy this week so I have not been on as much as usual.
They both smoke very well.

The Barling is a 9mm, which is a first for me, but I do not find that to be an issue for me. My mouth can be sensitive to certain tobaccos and the filter helps take the edge off which is a bonus.

It did take a while to get used to the more restricted draw. I do love a WIDE open draw.

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
Those are really beautiful and I'm in love with any poker shaped pipe stummel ever since I saw my first one but the one on the top looks really gallant. This kind of bourdeaux red tint really gives wood in general a certain level of warm royalty and stoic sophistication.
With the stummel shape and rustic sanding everything comes together.
Sounds very pretentious but this is art, in my humble opinion. Subtractive art, even.
I think that takes more skill than the others. You can always add and mask flaws, with subtractive art and work you gotta be careful and slow, you gotta stop and check everything regulary and no I'm not drunk and rambling.

Enjoy your new pipes! I enjoyed looking at them.

• Love
Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon