PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
Acquired two new to me Meerschaum pipes (Altinay straight billiard, and SMS bent bulldog). Both have barely been smoked and look almost new. Picked up both for a great low price. I'm very pleased with my acquisition, and the best part is that it's helping out a friend who is selling off many of his pipes in his collection due to some health issues so its a good deal for both of us.

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
Very nice meers. I’ve picked up a few meers in the past couple weeks and love them. Both of those are beauties!

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
So I learned something interesting via Instagram from Altinay Meerschaum pipes. Apparently Altinay actually used to make SMS meerschaum pipes for about 10 years when SMS were founded (in the European and Chinese markets). Since then SMS has continued with apprentices of Necdet Altinay (founder of Altinay Meerschaum Pipes). Which makes sense, because from what I've seen with my recent acquisitions as well as other examples; the quality of the pipes, carving styles, logo/stamp are all very similar.
Per the information given; Altinay also used to make meerschaum pipes for Dunhill, Peterson, Savinelli, and Butz Choquin. I wasn't aware that Savinelli and Butz Choquin even had meerschaum pipes available. As a fan of Savinelli pipes, I think it would be great to own a Savinelli meerschaum pipe. I'm going to have to keep an eye out for one of those as I've never seen one before.

Jan 8, 2013
I think it would be great to own a Savinelli meerschaum pipe. I'm going to have to keep an eye out for one of those as I've never seen one before.
If I ever see a meerschaum 320, I'm jumping all over that like... like... like... heck, I don't know where I'm going with that, but I'm jumping I tell you. Jump-ing! Kinda like this guy.......
Diamond-Dave-Jumps.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.