PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowie

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 24, 2019
Minnesota
I snagged both of these pipes from Tim West (twestpipe) off of eBay earlier this week for $18 total.

The top pipe is a Medico Crest 34 Rhodesian. Tim listed is as from the 1960s.

I wanted the bottom pipe mainly because of the interesting knobby finish. Tim listed it as from the 1980s. It is marked "West Point - Select Briar." Tim listed is a Rovera brand, but I do not see that mark on it, and the silver 'R' logo doesn't match up to what I see on pipehil.eu. The only logos I see that are close are Regis, Ronson, and Royalton. But Tim knows his stuff. It's a neat pipe, whatever it is.

Both arrived clean with no funky smells. I've purchased other pipes from Tim West, and I recommend him, especially if you need pipes on the lower end of the price scale. One day, I'd like to get one of his handmade pipes.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'd guess these are both U.S. factory pipes. I have an array of those -- Kaywoodie, Dr. Grabow, Yello-Bole, Benton. They remind me of 1950 American automobiles, with a durable sturdy styling. Outstanding prices on those, especially considering they could last a lifetime.

Reactions: BROBS and Bowie

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
A lot of people call that kind of spot rustication "coral".

they look like nice pipes! I really like the coral.

Reactions: Bowie

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have one of the lumpy-bumpy rustications on a Peterson that may be looked at more positively over time. I like it, but some others don't. Kind of like a pineapple. They've "improved" it now, so I am hoping I have something like the coins from the mint that are printed backwards, the mistake that is infinitely desirable.

Reactions: Bowie and BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.