Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I got these 2 beauties last night. Their maiden voyages will be tonight.
qLJs5eK.jpg

BvXc5RH.jpg

fvwb4I2.jpg

9H3VEqe.jpg

tarheel1

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2014
Gee I have a feeling I know where you got them from. M8chael is a great friend of mine and he got them from me. It's good to meet one of his pipe club members and friends. Back story is they are brand new from Les with autographed pipe socks. They are spectacular pipes, but I don't have any straight pipes and a close friend up in Pa has a pipe club and friends he thought would be interested, so I passed them along to him.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Thanks, tarheel. That completes the story. I keep hearing that Les Wood is winding down his pipe making career so I had to jump on this opportunity.

tarheel1

Oct 16, 2014
Yes Les has slowed way down and Dolly has been aff3cted by arthritis in her hands pretty badly, so pipes will not be that common any more. What you will see is one place get some in once and a while. I think there are three shops in the world that they are still making pipes for. I plan on getting more whenever he gets a chance. He has a list of about 2t or 30 I would like to eventually get made if they every get around to it. If they don't, I will cherish the pipes Les and Dolly have made for me so far as I value the friendship far more than the pipes.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Man, I LOVE that Billiard! I want a Ferndown in the worst way! Just haven't been lucky with them... yet! Nice collection you're starting!
Tim

tarheel1

Oct 16, 2014
I dont think you can have too many Ferndowns. I say keep looking for them. I will get them every chance I have. Here is my current collection.

Then there is this one that will be going to Les to get a tapered stem so it matches my other pipes.

004-002-12511.jpg

BTW I will keep Michael updated if I get any more that I will consider selling as well as sell them on here if I dont keep them.

Status
Not open for further replies.