PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
Just received my Two Cousins Pipe Rack. Owe this one to mso489 as I saw a post where he mentioned getting one with a gift certificate so I checked them out. Crazy variety. I chose the Port Royal Cedars which is on pages 78-79 of their catalog. Could not be happier. Just what I wanted. It only holds six pipes as opposed to the catalog description below of 12 pipe capacity, but that is obvious. One improvement, is the use of neodymium magnets over the old style drawer catch. And, the pull is not from a yard sale in Kentucky, but it is the same style and I like it.
Port Royal Cedars
18” h x 15” w x 5.5” deep

Holds 12 pipes.
The Port Royal Cedars is the third in my Port Royal series. The name is totally made up, but in my mind, it’s a small southern town on the river with the “Big Houses” lining the main drag atop the bluffs. This rack sits in the study of one of these houses with big white columns shaded by 100 year old, gnarly cedar trees. The rack has black foam padding in the bowl rest to protect your darlings from harm. The pull on the storage cabinet was found at a yard sale in Kentucky. I’ve been waiting for just the right pipe rack to use it. The main body is constructed of cedar with antique moss green trim.
port_royal_cedars.jpg

port_royal_cedars_(open).jpg

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
I am no longer teared-up. Someone responded to my thread. Seriously, I love it. Not as big and awesome as the one posted by another member for Father's Day, but I think Two Cousins is cool.

God Bless You.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Jack yours is so very nice, when my son got mine no where on their site was it mentioned the Location. He called them and they are from Mississippi. So you take on the Stately abode may just be right.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Nice rack, Jack! :D
Good color and finish choices ... has a nice bucolic feel to it.

dustmite

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
I am no longer teared-up. Someone responded to my thread.

Glad I could help! It truly is a beautiful pipe rack, much better than the egg carton I have my pipes in...

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My Two Cousins is old red barn wood look. My wife gave it to me for my birthday while she was in rehab for a hip operation, so I took it over there and set it up with all my pipes, a good memory in a hard time. Yours is absolutely terrific, the same American rural style, really nifty. Sometimes you have to be patient with posts, until your particular interest comes around. I've had posts sink nearly to the bottom or even come back from the great beyond with responses. Never can tell. Cheers, no tears.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
"My Two Cousins is old red barn wood look. My wife gave it to me for my birthday"
^^^ Well I owe it to you to have clued me in to Two Cousins in the first place. Thank you.
"May we have a close up of the carving along the top?"
Mine is boxed-up as I am moving in a couple weeks. But the same motif/wood carving is better evidenced in their catalog and is used on more than one style. Sorry I can't be more helpful.
http://twocousinspiperacks.com/TCPRCatalog1207/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.