PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tulsa dreamer

Lurker
Jan 1, 2020
Was looking around and found the site. Smoked pipes long time was looking at a Medico silver Filigree I have several and was wondering how the overlay was done?

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Welcome to the forum from Knik River, Alaska! Don’t know shit about Medico, but I’m sure someone will.

Tulsa dreamer

Lurker
Jan 1, 2020
Alaska! That is a big dam deer you have there! I forgot to say where I live Oxford, North Carolina got the Tulsa handle when I was driving truck back in the day. I have always wanted to go to Alaska may do it once I retire. cold as hell up there now isn't it ?

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Alaska! That is a big dam deer you have there! I forgot to say where I live Oxford, North Carolina got the Tulsa handle when I was driving truck back in the day. I have always wanted to go to Alaska may do it once I retire. cold as hell up there now isn't it ?
Haha, Moose, yes but close enough! As far as temps it depends on where you are in Alaska. Could be 40 or -80. Where I live the weather has been all over the place lately. It was -6 on Friday, but now its 40 degrees, haha. This time of year where we are its usually somewhere between -10 and +20. Very mild part of the state.

You should visit before you retire! That way you’ll know you want to retire here :)

Reactions: gamzultovah

Tulsa dreamer

Lurker
Jan 1, 2020
Stopped truck driving 20 years ago been work in the natural gas business for the past 31. Still working at 66 don't plan on retiring for a couple more years. I have never been good with money, but love to do as I please. Been smoking for quite some time and have started fixin my own pipes felt it would be a nice hobby. At this age you need to start looking for things that won't kill you while doing them,"HA"

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Haha, Moose, yes but close enough! As far as temps it depends on where you are in Alaska. Could be 40 or -80. Where I live the weather has been all over the place lately. It was -6 on Friday, but now its 40 degrees, haha. This time of year where we are its usually somewhere between -10 and +20. Very mild part of the state.

You should visit before you retire! That way you’ll know you want to retire here :)
And since I wrote that its changed to 28 and snowing, hahaha. We’re all over the place.

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Welcome aboard from Florida. A good, clear super glue will work. Like this one right here:

Will hold for the life of the pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.