PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

phxrock

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
Question, in one was to find an estate cutty what would be a reasonable price?

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
Thats a tough question Phxrock. I am just popping out for Chinese to celebrate the end of a 13 hour work day. Let me ponder that question and I will answer it upon my return. Its Peking Duck and I don't want to keep that waiting!

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Its Peking Duck and I don't want to keep that waiting!
It's vegetarian duck substitute Peking Duck! (Got your back Bro!)...rotf

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
@phxrock the price of 'cutty' pipes varies. Good specimens with intact amber stems and half decent cases in the 6 " range go for anything between $35-$125.00. Pipes with buggered threads, broken stems or busted cases or all three are worth about $25.00 tops. Cased longer versions, known as 'straws' are cheaper, usually older and highly impractical unless you live in an armchair. I have a half dozen of these I rarely smoke and a perfect example goes for about $125.00-$250.00. If you buy the restoration 'cutty' send it immediately to Briarville and nowhere else and expect to spend $50 odd bucks, maybe more but you will get back a great pipe. I hope that answers your question.

Reactions: jhowell

phxrock

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
@phxrock the price of 'cutty' pipes varies. Good specimens with intact amber stems and half decent cases in the 6 " range go for anything between $35-$125.00. Pipes with buggered threads, broken stems or busted cases or all three are worth about $25.00 tops. Cased longer versions, known as 'straws' are cheaper, usually older and highly impractical unless you live in an armchair. I have a half dozen of these I rarely smoke and a perfect example goes for about $125.00-$250.00. If you buy the restoration 'cutty' send it immediately to Briarville and nowhere else and expect to spend $50 odd bucks, maybe more but you will get back a great pipe. I hope that answers your question.

Thank you good Sir this helps a lot. I hope to some day to find one.

jhowell

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 25, 2019
Phoenix, Arizona
Second sending it to Rich.

Status
Not open for further replies.