PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkelaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2012
I'm selling a Tsuge Kaga for a consignor and trying to put a price on it. It's really a gorgeous piece, nicely designed and executed, made from flawless, well grained briar and of average size. Kagas are selling new for around $70 online. I asked my consignor about it and he tells me he paid $145 for it as an estate pipe in 2009. So, are the current Kagas a shadow of their former selves or is the pipe I have an aberration or incorrectly stamped? Any advice/thoughts anyone has would be appreciated.

chopz

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2011
so, this guy who bought the tsuge kaga in 2009, is he in the market for another pipe? 'cause i got a grabow i'd be willing to part with for $120.

lumberjakpipester

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 21, 2012
They are the same, I believe the price decrease is due to a large(Very large) stockpile coming in to the hands of smokingpipes.com and they are selling for deeply discounted prices, I got one for myself, great bargain!

mkelaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 30, 2012
Absolutely correct! This was in the new smokingpipes.com newsletter that I received minutes ago:
24 Tsuge Pipes
Today we continue to chip away at the mountain of quality briar Sykes acquired from Tsuge some months ago. And of course, since he acquired said mountain at drastically reduced prices, that means we also continue to offer up these charming Japanese designs at prices that are much reduced on your end, as well.

lostandfound

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 30, 2011
I just wish Tsuge offered more variety in the shapes he produces in the $70.00 - $100.00 price range.

timely

Jan 23, 2012
I have to agree that the Tsuge Kaga is a very nice pipe an easy smoker and not costly. I bought mine a few years ago and it's holding up fine.

lazydog

Apr 24, 2012
Kaga Kaga Great little pipe and I want a little longer stem for it. A it on the short end @ 4.5 inches. Definitely would consider another.

timely

Jan 23, 2012
yes the stem is a wee short at times when lighting up I have to watch that I don't burn my eyebrows haha

lazydog

Apr 24, 2012
well, I did adapt a longer stem to kaga & increased the length to 5.25 inches & am very pleased with the longer dimension. Nose seems cooler while smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.