PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanlaurel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 31, 2015
This Tsuge Volcano showed up on SPC last October 1st. I loved it immediately but I just could not get past the $540 price tag. I went back to look at it frequently. The price never moved and no one bought it.

tsuge-ikebana-volcano-002-623-4489_1.jpg

tsuge-ikebana-volcano-002-623-4489_5.jpg

Suddenly a few weeks ago, SPC cut all of their Tsuge Ikebana pipes by 15%. This caught my attention but I still did not make a move. Then the following weekend, they added another 15% off and I finally grabbed it. After a 10 month wait it is mine. I smoked a few bowls this week. It has a great feel and a nice open draw. A wonderful smoke. I also found a picture of the young lady who made the pipe - Asami Kikuchi.

asami-kikuchi-1.jpg

lotharen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 26, 2016
The Japanese are amazing people, amazing craftsman (and women). I love the look of that pipe, it really is an amazing grab.
The young woman is also very beautiful. The fact that a woman crafted this pipe is SO cool, lol.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Yeah she's definitely beautiful! What was in the first picture again some sort of pipe or something? Meh not important. Lol

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's the best version of the volcano I've seen, smooth, refined, and fetching. I always fantasize that prices will drift down on particular pipes, and it happened once at SP on a Ser Jacopo sale. You just have to be in a place to take the leap when this happens, because it isn't often. Congratulations.

Status
Not open for further replies.