PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

daniel7

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 11, 2018
Kópavogur, Iceland
Usually I don't like too much metal in my pipes but Tsuge's Blowfish has a Japanese way of thinking which makes it interesting for me. Does any of you have it in his/her collection? May I ask you to share your experience with this pipe?
TSUGE-METAL-BLOWFISH-THUNDERSTORM-SILVER-1.jpg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
No crosscut, no straight grain, no asymmetry, and no birdseye. Wouldn't call it one myself. This is also a Tsuge blowfish.
Blowfish4.jpg

That being said, Tsuge does make good pipes from low through high grades. Don't see any reason why the one pictured in the OP would disappoint.

daniel7

Sep 11, 2018
Kópavogur, Iceland
Tsuge Ikebana handmade pipes are beautiful, but I would never spend 1.000€+ on a pipe. I think even the lower grades, cheaper ones may be good smokers and the blowfish in the original post seems to be a very functional piece.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Tsuge Ikebana handmade pipes are beautiful, but I would never spend 1.000€+ on a pipe.
I have, was just commenting on how it defied the traditional definition of the blowfish shape. I have two of Tsuge's Mizki pipes that I paid less than $60 for years ago and they are great little pipes. The military mount on the one you've shown makes that one interesting.

daniel7

Sep 11, 2018
Kópavogur, Iceland
Mizki is also a looker and it is good to know that they make good smokers. Mizki is a piece of art, and the "Blowfish" is more like an object of function.

Status
Not open for further replies.