May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
peterson.jpg

I am not sure what its made off so was wondering if any1 can help me

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
That looks a lot like this one of Bootleg's that's made out of Manx Meerschaum. I'm sorry for the link instead of embedding it, but I can't embed photos from his flickr account because he doesn't allow downloading or something.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7380639@N06/472547233/
I'm trying to find a wiki on it for you.

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
OK - here's the wiki on a company that uses Manx Meer specifically: http://pipedia.org/index.php?title=Laxey_Pipes_Ltd.
There is not an entry on any resource site for Manx Meerschaum and how it is still meer but how it is different as well. Does anyone have a section from a book on that that we can type it out and use as a source?

Thanks guys! (And looking for images of Manx Meers - all we got was pictures of Bootleg's.) Silliness!
Does anyone else have info for him (and now me) and soon us. :D

seanz

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
Thanks cyndi.

I was at a loss as to what it was, the one thing I do know is I like to smoke out of it.

seanz

May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
upload

found this image but apart from what your beau has on his blog its like this stuff doesnt exist in cyber space

tobakenist

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Middle England
I have two Petersons exactly like yours, two of my favorite pipes, its meerschaum,the bowls were crafted on the Isle of Man (manx) and sent to Dublin for finishing, I hope you got it for a good price, they can go for a fair price here in the UK.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
You lucky guys and your Pete Meers! I'm always on the lookout for em, but they get too rich for my blood too quickly on eBay, not to mention I swore off that site.

seanz

May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
[Is this what you were trying upload Sean?]

yes it was thanks lawerence :)

and i got it for $20 nz marmal4de i was happy with it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.