Trying to Identify This Meerschaum with a AKD Label.

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Mark Conan1

Jul 4, 2020
EDIT: Fixed Capitalization in Title (See Rule 9)

I received this pipe from in an estate around 15 years ago and stored it in a drawer. Staying at home in today's climate has encouraged me to clean out drawers and closets and stuff. So I opened this and decided to look than the Internet and see if I could find any information about the distributor or the manufacturer. I believe it came from a member of the armed services who acquired it in Europe. I have found nothing… So I thought may be some of you could help and let me know what it might be. Thanking you all in advance.Naked lady pipe-3.jpgNaked lady pipe-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

jguss

Preferred Member
Jul 7, 2013
Other AKD pipes have shown up before, often sold by smokingpipes.com. You might contact them for information. I can tell you one pipe that sold a while back was labelled Akdoul (AKD Studios), but about them I know nothing

Mark Conan1

Jul 4, 2020
Tkanks for info - I was surprised that there wasn't more on the internet because the case is well made and attractive.

jonasclark

Preferred Member
Aug 4, 2013
Seattle
Nice 1970s meerschaum. I've seen AKD before, but know nothing about it. Is there a name carved anywhere on the pipe?