PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I've been smoking a pipe for about 9 years, and I'm just now getting around to trying Haddo's Delight. It's definitely a new favorite.

I was a little put off by the long, soft ribbon cut - for some reason I was expecting something chunkier and more dense -- and I figured it would need a bigger bowl to handle the different components. But this stuff is surprisingly stout in the nicotine department, and I'm finding it works just fine in smaller bowls.

The tin aroma, which I like, is almost like that of a mild aromatic, but I'm not getting any of that in the smoke. This initial impression was a little confusing at first, and it took me a couple of smokes to really zero in on what this is supposed to taste like. But I'm loving the nutty, sweet complexity in this blend.

And it really speaks to GL Pease's talents as a blender. Even though Perique plays a starring role, it's nothing like your typical VaPer. The touch of burley gives it a nutty, savory note, while the unflavored black cavendish gives it a smokey smoothness with no bit. And the topping (rum, brandy?) is just barely there in the background - everything just works perfectly together.

My tin is really fresh (dated to late January of this year), but I can imagine this stuff is really good with a little age on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.