PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I was sent a sample of Briar Fox with an order one time, and it didn't have much oomph. That was back in my strong leaf phase. I might like it better now. As an alternative, John Bull is a tasty mild English blend.

Reactions: solideogloria86

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
So, the other day I was wondering when we might see our next review from TTR. Glad to see it! Great stuff!

Reminded me of my teenage years, after visiting the local Inspector Gadget lookalike drug dealer, with his pointy little ears ,mischievous grin, and well blended Marijuana flakes. Sometimes we'd rub out the weed, sometimes we'd just fold and stuff the generous slices of wacky tobaccky. But inevitably, later in the evening, I'd be outside and hear: "What are you doing out there in the backyard?"
I'd respond, "Taking pot."

And my mom, an English major, would box my ears for both illicit drug use and misuse of the English language.

Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
I guess it's time bring "taking pot" back into the vernacular. I was discussing tobacco production in Tennessee recently with a co-worker and he legitimately told me he doesn't "take tobacco."
I got the inspiration from a man in his 80s who ran a moving company in wnc for most of his life. He had an employee who wasn't showing up for work and he said, "I know what's the matter with him. He's been hanging around with people from California takin pot. I don't know much about pot, but they's different kinds of pot. If they get on that hard rock pot you can't do nothin with em!" ?

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
I had to google them. We use to just call those basketball shoes. But, I'll keep my eye out, and if I see anyone wearing these, I'll inform the police immediately. puffy
Don't feel bad. Everytime some mentions Chuck Taylor all I hear/read is Chuck Connors and think to myself what the heck does The Rifleman have to do with shoes?

Then I remember he played both baseball and basketball professionally and think maybe he should have his own shoes.

Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
Don't feel bad. Everytime some mentions Chuck Taylor all I hear/read is Chuck Connors and think to myself what the heck does The Rifleman have to do with shoes?

Then I remember he played both baseball and basketball professionally and think maybe he should have his own shoes.
One of my greatest childhood disappointments was realizing I couldn't fan the lever and rapid fire my daisy red rider.

Status
Not open for further replies.