PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
I can’t get excited about this. Government oversight is government oversight; it will be onerous no matter what alphabet soup agency is in charge. Even if this happened (and I’d guess the odds are much against it) I suspect it will turn out to be worse for the industry; at least the FDA has other fish to fry. A newly minted bureaucracy with a mandate entirely focused on tobacco will almost certainly be more intrusive as it moves to justify its existence and expand the scope of its activities.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Although doesn’t really mean a thing, at least Orange Man Bad said something or at least has a stance. You’ll not hear anything close to this from the Democrat candidates. Oops, politics. Somebody had to say it. Slap on the back of the hand expected.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Getting tobacco away from the FDA: great idea...because it's total BS that it was ever put under that agency to begin with.

Creating an entirely new federal agency for any purpose whatsoever: horrible idea.

Adding another tentacle to the giant vampire squid for any reason is so inadvisable.

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
Oh I forgot...we really should offer solutions instead of just pointing out problems. So here's what the federal government should be doing about tobacco IMO:

Absolutely nothing.
As a compromise to bring both parties together, I propose that the new Tobacco Agency be comprised entirely of ten middle aged women who sit in a circle and ”think of the children.”

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
As a compromise to bring both parties together, I propose that the new Tobacco Agency be comprised entirely of ten middle aged women who sit in a circle and ”think of the children.”

So you're proposing a witches coven as a new federal agency?

It would be nothing new, but I guess it's about time they conduct their rituals openly instead of in dungeons, so sure...why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.