PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Worknman

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 23, 2019

FDA BS?
"Due to recent regulations, this blend is now only available as a Pre-Built Blend Kit for you to become a master blender right in your own home. Each kit, once blended, will produce 8oz of Scotty's Trout Stream. "

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014

FDA BS?
"Due to recent regulations, this blend is now only available as a Pre-Built Blend Kit for you to become a master blender right in your own home. Each kit, once blended, will produce 8oz of Scotty's Trout Stream. "
Been that way for a little bit now.

Bummer. A damn decent value aro. Hope they don’t do the same with Angler’s Dream.

No worries there.?

20190403_140028.jpg

Jun 9, 2018
England

FDA BS?

I can't read your link as the P&C site is blocked in EU countries and you just get this message:

" Due to GDPR regulations, our website is currently unavailable in EU member countries."

They need to update their site as we (UK) left the EU a few weeks back, it was in the news and everything.

Anyway, these sound like the same thing GQ Tobaccos in England have been doing for a couple of years now. The previous owner Glynn Quelch used to make his own blends but then new regulations came in and he had to stop so they came up with the blending kit idea.

I've tried a couple of them and they worked well, it was actually interesting seeing the component tobaccos and mixing the leaf together. They do take a few months to start properly marrying together though.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
I thought it was state laws about aros, not FDA stuff.

I don't think that Pennsylvania has any laws about aromatics. But I could be mistaken.

P&C is selling other bulk aromatic tobacco blends, but for some reason the only ones that I see as "Blend it Yourself" are the Scotty's Bulk Blends. All of Russ' blends are still for sale already blended.

Reactions: macaroni and Casual
I don't think that Pennsylvania has any laws about aromatics. But I could be mistaken.

P&C is selling other bulk aromatic tobacco blends, but for some reason the only ones that I see as "Blend it Yourself" are the Scotty's Bulk Blends. All of Russ' blends are still for sale already blended.
I was noticing that Hearth and Home has more than cut their offerings in half. Anyone heard or in the know on that?

Maybe it is for those guys who want to open a jar and mix the two things together so they can say...
Ralph Playdoh - Album on Imgur

I'm a Blender! I'm a Blender!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Just a novelty now, maybe a way of life soon. Buy a few condiment tobaccos and who knows what you can do. A few basics like a all Virginia, Latakia, Perique, black Cavendish, Turkish, cigar leaf, all burley, etc.

Ok, here is the exact quote from Russ...
Anything that required us to do the blending in-house had to become a kit in order to meet the regs. Some are pre-blended so they could continue as usual.

And, as most of us know, Heart and Home blends are farmed out to other blenders. So, anything that has required Russ to actually blend there at P&C, is now sold as a kit to keep from having to do the paperwork to become an actual blender themselves.
Or, take it how you want.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
Ok, here is the exact quote from Russ...

And, as most of us know, Heart and Home blends are farmed out to other blenders. So, anything that has required Russ to actually blend there at P&C, is now sold as a kit to keep from having to do the paperwork to become an actual blender themselves.
Or, take it how you want.

OK, now that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.