PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

krizzose

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Michigan
That picture of the dibble bar reminds me of an age old question that was always on my mind while using it…. Why not make one long enough that you don’t have to stoop to use it? I remember that the worst part about it was having to stoop to wedge open the ground, backaches!!! It would be so much nicer not to have to bend so much while driving it into the ground.

I think you've identified a market niche to exploit!

I was actually thinking the same thing. I'm 6'4", and I was feeling it after my "shifts" with the dibble (my buddy and I were taking turns (1) working the dibble and (2) bending all the way over to put the seedlings in the ground). One about 6' long with handles at the top and the 4' mark would have been perfect. Unlike Archimedes, I didn't need to move the whole world with my lever, just a slightly easier way to move about 6" of it.

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
That picture of the dibble bar reminds me of an age old question that was always on my mind while using it…. Why not make one long enough that you don’t have to stoop to use it? I remember that the worst part about it was having to stoop to wedge open the ground, backaches!!! It would be so much nicer not to have to bend so much while driving it into the ground.
And toss an electric drill on the end!

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
I’m digging post holes for a hammock triangle. My old tractor had a auger, I’m using a manual digger , as the tractor is in another location, 2 .5 feet deep. Now this is a labor of love for my granddaughter…lol!

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.