PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
In my opinion a couple of the most approachable VA flakes are Astleys no 109 Medium Flake and Brigham Klondike Gold. I am not a fan of Orlik Golden until it has at least 10 years of age due to it's herbal, grassy, hey like flavors that I find fairly disgusting. Once it has ten plus years, all of those flavors are gone and replaced by fig and raisin flavors.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Some other non-aro suggestions: Lanes recently introduced 125th Anniversary blend, a Va/Per, is a pleasant version available in bulk; two tinned English blends that are both mild and flavorful are Nat Sherman 536 and GLP Westminster. I also like the Sutliff Westminter blend, but I'm not sure that's currently available; it's tasty. So many more to choose from. At online retailers, look up what you like and then explore a lot of others to compare, at several different retailers. They each have some different offerings. Some of the old Iwan Ries blends are unique and good, but study the constituent tobaccos so you know about what you're getting, and keep the quantities small.

pipemarshal82

Lurker
Apr 19, 2016
I would highly recommend some Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic, it's not a traditional aromatic and it's a burley heavy blend that smokes great. Ditto on the OGS, I love that stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.