Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Tell us more about it. Where do you guys meet? For how long? What do you do; eat? drink? smoke?
What do you discuss?
How many people are in the club? How long has the club been around?

paulewog

Lurker
Dec 25, 2009
Hey guys,

We meet about once a month or so. There are around 15 members, I believe. We meet around 7:30 and wrap up by 10:30 or 11 usually. We drink some scotch, smoke pipes, and talk tobacco and pipes: that's about it.
I've never been to Julius Vesz's shop because the three times I've been by it's been closed. It looks impressive. I've heard he's quite the character.

sinistertopiary

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 5, 2009
Toronto
So when's the next meeting?
As for Julius Vesz, I'm trying to think of how to express my honest opinion with inoffensive tact. Ah, screw it. He's a curmudgeon who won't give you the time of day when you enter his shop if it looks like you don't have money. His pipes don't appeal to me in the slightest (I will refrain from offering my opinion on them because I don't want to offend, but I will say...) -- I don't understand why he's got such a great reputation. His store has a wonderful "men's club" ambiance (including a huge, nifty collection of hand-painted soldiers in nice display cabinets, which seem to have received more attention and care than his mediocre pipes), but I felt like I couldn't relax under his scrutiny as I looked around.
I've visited his store three times, and each time I felt relieved to get out.
But that's just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.