New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
In discussion of Virginia flake people constantly add things like capistan (a navy flake as its pressed and flavored with sweetner) and orlick golden sliced (which most likely has perique in it). The list goes on and on.

Its similar to cigar sizes :)

The best course of action is not to get attached to this label or that and just smoke a bunch of blends until you find your favorite one.
I'm pretty sure that most blends sway some outside our forum definition of purism. Can we be 100% certain that no burleys get blended with a Virginia blend? I mean, like OGS has such a low amount of perique in it to help with aging, but not enough to be a pure VaPer... can a Virginia have a tad bit of burley to add strength, without being enough to be a true VaBur?

nick24601

Lurker
Jan 19, 2020
I'm pretty sure that most blends sway some outside our forum definition of purism. Can we be 100% certain that no burleys get blended with a Virginia blend? I mean, like OGS has such a low amount of perique in it to help with aging, but not enough to be a pure VaPer... can a Virginia have a tad bit of burley to add strength, without being enough to be a true VaBur?

I don't think we can, which is why my position is that people ought to ignore the type of blend and just smoke a bunch of them until they find what they like :)

I love GL Pease Chelsea morning but I'd be hard pressed to tell you what kind of blend it is other than "one that goes with my coffee :)

Reactions: cosmicfolklore
Status
Not open for further replies.