PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Had to be done:

Astleys No. 44 Dark Virginia Flake Pipe Tobacco | 1.75 OZ TINPT-2AS442$12.95 USD
$25.90 USD
McConnell's Rich Dark Virginia Pipe Tobacco | 1.75 OZ TINPT-2MCDV2$10.95 USD
$21.90 USD
Rattray's Exotic Passion Pipe Tobacco | 3.5 OZ TINPT-2RAEP32$17.50 USD
$35.00 USD
Wessex Gold Brick Pipe Tobacco | 3.50 OZPT-2WEGB2$16.95 USD
$33.90 USD

Thanks for the heads up.

macaroni

Lifer
Oct 28, 2020
Texas
I wonder what the approx. 10% excise tax showing up in my cart at "Top Hat Tobacco" located in MO and shipping to TX is all about, I'm clueless (I understand the TX state tax that shows up in my checkout cart, the "excise tax" puzzles me). Is this some sort of new tax that the state of MO charges to online tobacco buyers (I may ask Top Hat tomorrow during business hours if time allows).
kind regards,
mike

Mar 13, 2020
missouri
I wonder what the approx. 10% excise tax showing up in my cart at "Top Hat Tobacco" located in MO and shipping to TX is all about, I'm clueless (I understand the TX state tax that shows up in my checkout cart, the "excise tax" puzzles me). Is this some sort of new tax that the state of MO charges to online tobacco buyers (I may ask Top Hat tomorrow during business hours if time allows).
kind regards,
mike
I was wondering that too. I live in Missouri and the is the first time I've seen it. Perhaps it's a st.Louis area thing. Tobacco is more expensive up there.

Reactions: ofafeather

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Smoked Exotic Passion once about a year ago... It ghosted my brain and I am still recovering. Will give it one more try eventually around 2035 or so!
They must've done something more than a name change then. Exotic Orange is more of a subtle orange rind flavor and hasn't ghosted a pipe I've smoked it in.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
They must've done something more than a name change then. Exotic Orange is more of a subtle orange rind flavor and hasn't ghosted a pipe I've smoked it in.
I don't know if it has changed. Rind is a good descriptor though. I also get the floral almost as much as the fruit and a little bit of maple. Fantastic stuff but it might overwhelm someone either new to pipes or aromatics.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
kind regards,
mike
Excise tax is a tobacco tax that a state charges on top of the regular sales tax on the sale. Nothing new, they've been around for decades. The state tax stamps on cigarette packages are there to show that those taxes have been paid, for example. They are only required to be collected if you're a resident of that state.

Status
Not open for further replies.