Tooth Pulled/ How long to wait before pipe?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyrebel

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2010
So recently i had some dental work done and had my tooth pulled. I was curious how long you guys wait before picking up the pipe again. I was thinking about waiting a couple of weeks. I have no need to smoke of course, but i do miss having an evening pipe and would really be great right about now! Having a pipe always eases lifes ills. :puffy:

drsam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2011
When I had a batch of teeth pulled I waited juat a few hours....had no problems at all.

bigmike

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
If you're eating, you can smoke your pipe.....or at least I would.

johnnyrebel

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2010
The dental surgeon that did the 'extraction' didn't say anything about dry socket, but i learned about it later and was concerned about it. I'll definately have a smoke tomorrow for memorial day. Thanks.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
I never had a cavity or tooth pulled etc and I am 48 yrs old, but, when I had my appendix removed, old school style (not the couple of dot, dot, surgery, I had the 7 inch cut because my appendix burst). I was smoking 2 1/2 hours later.

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
The only issue would be the possibility of dry socket. If the dentist or his/her assistants didn't mention anything about it they are either; clueless or there is no issue. I'll let you figure out which of the two you're dealing with.

chuck71

Lurker
Mar 14, 2012
When I had my tooth pulled I only waited about 30 minutes it took that long to go from one foward operating base to another where my pipe and tobaccy where at.

jrtaster

Might Stick Around
Sep 28, 2009
with due respect to the op and those who have replied, this is not the type of question i'd ask of people i don't know or have no skilled/professional knowledge on which to offer an answer? why didn't the op simply ask the dental surgeon/dentist who did the extraction??? sorry guys, but sometimes i just don't understand the mindset of those who ask such questions in this environment.

by now, the question is moot as the op has probably already resumed smoking anyway, but....
jr/john

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
I would just wait a day or two depending on how sensitive your mouth is. Probably wouldn't hurt to just load it up though.

Status
Not open for further replies.