PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
So with my recent negative situations, I have fully committed to trying to make it all a positive experience. With my love of Kaywoodie pipes, I have gone full time into selling new Kaywoodie pipes, among others which I will add over time. This isn't a sales post, so no website. I just wanted to share my excitement. It has been a crazy adventure and I love trying to make a living in a community which I know and love. This forum is a big part of the push to make this real. Thanks to all of you, for doing what you didn't know you were doing. Pushing me to try something new.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Good luck. New ventures are exciting, frightening, humbling and nerve-racking, but they are also rewarding, frustrating, mind-boggling and worth it.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
That sounds just cool as hell! You'll have to journal your experiences with this endeavor here. :puffy:

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
Thank you, ophiuchus. It took about a month of selling some of the Kaywoodie 100th Anniversary pipes to get the funds to incorporate, and then I spent a couple of weeks building a website linked to a Facebook account and an Instagram account. I used one of my own paintings as a basis for the logo, my wife digitized and turned it into the logo. Now all is up and running, and I spend a few hours a day sending orders, tweaking the website, fixing the costs and metrics, updating social media, and talking to my favorite people, other pipe smokers. I am working on materials to keep shipping costs down. I bought a dip pen, or nib pen, to handwrite a note to every customer, and they get a piece of candy or other gift in every order. It is a blast so far.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Strong work! Will you be representing Kaywoodie in Chicago, or are you going for personal pleasure?

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
Thanks, npod. It was far too late to get a table, but I will have pipes with me. I plan to try to get a table at the preshow Friday, but either way I'll represent as best as I can for such short notice. Plus trying to just enjoy my first Chicago show.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
This is clearly well beyond a hobby now. I'll be checking it out. It's great to see Kaywoodie get some love like this.
I bought a dip pen, or nib pen, to handwrite a note to every customer, and they get a piece of candy or other gift in every order. It is a blast so far.

And that sounds pretty classy! :puffy:

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
Wow. Thanks. I still collect Kaywoodie pipes for myself, but I had a dream of every pipe smoker having new Kaywoodie pipes. When I first started buying at shows where I met Bill, I would abuse my first Super Grain pipes. Smoking them non-stop for months to see how they stood up to real use. I was blown away that a $50 pipe could do so well. So I decided that I wanted to see them more available to people besides those of us lucky enough to see Bill personally, so yes, more than a hobby now. Heh. I'm all in.

crashthegrey

Lifer
Dec 18, 2015
Cobleskill, NY
www.greywoodie.com
weedsnager, I have a website which will carry more than Kaywoodie, but that is the primary focus. I have not paid to advertise here, so I will not take business from our sponsors. I don't believe any of them carry my product, but I respect this forum and the rules, as I have been a long time contributing member and love it here. Feel free to PM me and I'll shoot you a web address. I have more inventory being made for me right now and will have a rotating stock of brand new Kaywoodie pipes. But again, I am more interested in celebrating these steps toward happiness with the people who made me dive so deep into this pastime of ours.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
That sounds like the greatest job ever. Congrats!
Thinking of moving up to b&m status some day? Or strictly online?

Status
Not open for further replies.