PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Way back in January when I began smoking a pipe I noticed a Stanwell starter kit on P&C that just managed to stay out of stock (At least to my knowlege) up until today. I was excited to see that something I had wanted so long ago was now available, but I have mangage to accumulate a dozen briars or so for my rotation and a few to dedicate to blends as well and considering I just purchased a pipe yesterday (A lovely Trypis Chimney... Thanks Smokeybear) I was a bit torn... However I thought that I could justify this for the low price of the Stanwell and provided accessories and samples of tobacco. Sadly I have acquired all the accessories that I need and a Borkum Riff 3 pack doesn't exactly sweeten the deal for me.
In a stroke of genius I checked Cigars International having heard that they acquired P&C and for a lowly extra $5 I could purchase a Stanwell pipe, pipe tool and cleaners and a variety of tobaccos to include: Stanwell Melange, Davidoff Red Mixture and Ashton's Artisan's Blend. Well three untried tobaccos is a good enough reason for me. :D
The only risk is that I can only be certain that I receive a Stanwell pipe in that style, but shape is entirely up to chance. I purchased a Kaywoodie Campus through CI as my first briar pipe and it ended up being a small pot that I was not entirely thrilled with at first, but it grew on me and is a dedicated Virginia pipe now. I guess I'm just hoping for some of the same luck in this purchase. The one in the ad had me drooling. I guess that's just good marketing and I'm glad I could generate a bit more business for them; I haven't bought any cigars in a long time. :lol: Happy smoking.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
This sounds like a starter kit for someone who is already well started, but it doesn't sound like anything bad.

A few more pipes, and you won't want to take a chance on shape; you'll want to designate which one in every

case. But since you saw this kit when you were starting out, maybe it fills the bill for you right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.