PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
My wife ordered a pizza from our local pizza joint, and I volunteered to go pick it up.

I’d just stuffed nearly a half ounce of tobacco in my super giant WDC Wellington and got up to leave, and she giggled and laughed at my huge pipe.

82869CFD-0ADA-4507-B6DE-B128D8DE595E.jpeg
1A6035C9-D379-4A53-9E7C-7A1F5BD79AE8.jpeg

There is a reason Peterson called their biggest pipes a house pipe.

Some pipes are just way too big to be seen in public smoking them.

Briar Lee

Lifer
Sep 4, 2021
Humansville Missouri
There is surely some physical limit on how big of a chamber a smokable tobacco pipe can have. This WDC Special Wellington is about as large as I’d want to try and clench. I own a German hunter’s pipe that might have a larger chamber, but not by much.

I’ve owned the sand blasted WDC Wellington since 1978, and it’s newer, not as fancy, and not quite the size of my latest one. Somewhere I have a standard sized WDC Wellington that looks like a toy beside these big ones.

69777450-63FE-42D0-B586-D03B643316CD.jpeg

I cannot seriously say I’ve ever missed a meal or gone hungry, or worried I’d be on the street next month any day of my 64 years.

God blessed me with wonderful parents and I was born in Missouri, where the first Mormons thought the Garden of Eden was located. I’m not Mormon, but tend to agree with that sentiment.

Yet growing up I yearned for things I could not then afford, and when I remember that longing for better than I’d known, I take comfort I can’t begin to count all my beautiful briar and meerschaum pipes, and fill one of my biggest ones up with any tobacco I please from my stash of maybe twenty five or thirty pounds.

For me, there’s chicken every Sunday.

And for $40 anyone can afford a pipe too big to smoke around company.

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
B.P.S.H. stands for?
Big Pipes Smoke Heavenly :sher:

When it comes to public appearance a pipe will always leave a certain but strong impression, no matter the size.
In public I get much more looks when I'm clenching on my little cob, I don't like it but I like my smoke so I'm damn well gonna have it and especially out in public, in the fresh air.
I take my little cob for walks because it suits me and my needs, if you want that big ol' stump hanging out while walking around I don't blame ya. Hell, I'll admire you for it. I wish my little cob could hold more tobac.
I keep seeing this older fella with long gray hair, long gray beard and leather tricorne hat.
Shine on, you crazy diamond!!! If there isn't any aposematism or any other psychological issue behind it, I don't see any problem with it.
I don't want the circus or the devils dancing through the streets but a big ol' pipe?
Puff up and let me smell some!

I myself thought about getting one of those long hunter pipes and fixing it to my bike.

Untitled.jpg

💪😁👍