PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksman75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2016
Lancaster, California
Been a hot summer this year. A week and a half of 110° plus two weeks ago, and since Thursday, it's been running 105°-110°.

Today and tomorrow are supposed to hit the 110° mark.

Right now, 1 PM, its 102° with 27% RH. Thank the powers that be that our RH is only in the high 20s. I can't imagine what it would be like above 50%.

ksman75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2016
Lancaster, California
95°F with 60-75% humidity are my perfect environmental conditions. It's never too hot to smoke.
Haha, Anything under 70 is chilly, anything under 60 is freezing and anything over 80 is roasting. I prefer my RH at 20% or less. I've been in California too long, lol.

I woke up at 4:45 this morning (my internal alarm clock goes off around 5, 6 is sleeping in) and went outside to enjoy a bowl before the sun woke up. I'll have another bowl tonight about 7 or 7:30 while it's still right at 100°, but at least it feels cooler once the sun gets close to the horizon :).

ksman75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2016
Lancaster, California
"Right now, 1 PM, its 102° with 27% RH."

Crikey, here it is 52% right now and throughout the year it very rarely goes out of the 45%-55% range!

Regards,

Jay.
I'm about an hour north of downtown Los Angeles, in the high desert. Our summers are hot and dry. It's just past 3 PM and the sun has had time to bake off the morning moisture, and it now sitting at 108° and 8% RH.

Screenshot_20210627-150822_Wunderground.jpg

Screenshot_20210627-151031_Wunderground.jpg

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Very hot with full humidity is miserable and too hot to do anything except find an air conditioned environment. When I lived there Chicago seemed too hot for a week or two in the summer, but that was before I lived in Atlanta and NC, both of which upped the ante.

ksman75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2016
Lancaster, California
Very hot with full humidity is miserable and too hot to do anything except find an air conditioned environment. When I lived there Chicago seemed too hot for a week or two in the summer, but that was before I lived in Atlanta and NC, both of which upped the ante.
We moved from Alabama to California 3 months shy of my 11th birthday. I can remember getting out of the shower or bath and by the time I dried, I was soaked again in sweat. I still have family in Mississippi, and it's just as bad as Alabama was.

I know it's a meme, but I can handle the "dry heat" far better than the humidity!

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
Down here in the Sonoran Desert it's often too hot to smoke outside, and there are nights during the summer when I am sweating my ass off trying to have a midnight bowl while the temps dip below 95. It seems like there's been a lot of those this June. It's not ideal, but it is temporary, and the pay-off (just like in California) is that during midwinter when it's too cold to smoke outside in much of the country it is absolutely perfect down here.

ksman75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2016
Lancaster, California
Down here in the Sonoran Desert it's often too hot to smoke outside, and there are nights during the summer when I am sweating my ass off trying to have a midnight bowl while the temps dip below 95. It seems like there's been a lot of those this June. It's not ideal, but it is temporary, and the pay-off (just like in California) is that during midwinter when it's too cold to smoke outside in much of the country it is absolutely perfect down here.
I drove truck for about 3 1/2 years. I was based out of Mira Loma/Fontana but our HQ was in Phoenix. Saw too many of your 115°+ days and those 95° nights. I don't envy you at all!

Problem here is being high desert, it gets bitterly (for this area) cold in the winter, hovering around 27-35, but at times getting down to low 20s. Top that off with our high winds and it's unbearable. I sit in my car, idling with the heater on just to have a smoke, lol.

Reactions: musicman

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think it is true that air conditioning populated the sun belt. This summer has broken records all over the West and Northwest, I think, and in places that usually stay moderate.

ksman75

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 23, 2016
Lancaster, California
I think it is true that air conditioning populated the sun belt. This summer has broken records all over the West and Northwest, I think, and in places that usually stay moderate.
I'm just waiting for the wildfires...NOT! This season, July 2020 - June 2021 , for my area, is a whopping 1.32 inches. Can you say ready to burn tinder!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.