PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
Currently -36 with a high of -30 today. It isn't so bad without a high wind. I work in the transportation industry and this type of cold brings everything to a slow. If I had a job that was not impacted so much by weather I think I wouldn't mind winter but as it stands I hate it. When my wife says it looks beautiful outside, all I see is trucks that don't start, heated loads that freeze and accidents.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
7:37am, sunny, 45F right now. I'm thinking it'll be a good day to enjoy a pipe in the pool.

You enjoy your snow though.

Mar 1, 2014
On the Prairies it's -40 tonight.
While it's still possible we'll get a second cold spell in mid-late February I expect this to be the coldest night of the year.

Reactions: seanv

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
It is presently 2 degrees, in Chicagoland.

I grew up in Florida. During the 9 months of summer, it would be in the nineties, with high humidity. This was not a problem, when I worked at the shipyard. But when I had to wear a tie, it was horrible.

When it is cold, you can always add another layer. When it is hot, there is a limit to how much clothes you can take off, before strangers start yelling at you.

Reactions: Papamique
Mar 11, 2020
Southern Illinois
It is presently 2 degrees, in Chicagoland.

I grew up in Florida. During the 9 months of summer, it would be in the nineties, with high humidity. This was not a problem, when I worked at the shipyard. But when I had to wear a tie, it was horrible.

When it is cold, you can always add another layer. When it is hot, there is a limit to how much clothes you can take off, before strangers start yelling at you.
I agree I live about 300 miles south of chicago (same state) I was complaining cause it 19, we got about a 1/2 inch of snow. I grew up in Florida, Hot is Hot

Papamique

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 11, 2020
It has been -20/-25 Fahrenheit here in the northland since late last week (with out windchill).

I am old enough and have lived in enough places around the world to know that every place has its issues that you must deal with. It is a trade off and everyone is different. I am happy dealing with the snow and cold. The rewards I get are more than worth it.