PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
I remember buying this pipe quite well. 25 years ago this past September, and I'd spent a Saturday going from shop to shop in the Cincinnati metro area playing "king of the hill" with their display case offerings. I figured when I'd finished with the last store I'd return to whichever one had had the winner.
Except I never had to go back. This pipe was in the last one. She said, "I'm no king---I'm the QUEEN, baby---and that punk answers to me!"
So naturally, I answered, "Yes Ma'am!" and reached for my wallet. :lol:
We've had a fine relationship ever since.
Tonino Jacono was an up-and-coming brand in the 90's, but you don't hear much about it anymore. The Queen E was pretty high in their grading scheme. Chess pieces, as I recall, with the "E" added to specimens that split the difference to the next-highest grade.
I like the no-compromise cylinder and cone design. Simple, but difficult to pull off because while there's an infinite number of curves, there's only one straight line. Subjectivity doesn't enter into it.
44.8 grams, 5.8" long
P1020411.jpg

P1020416.jpg

P1020423.jpg

P1020425.jpg

sasquatch

Lifer
Jul 16, 2012
Funny - if I saw the pipe without stamps, I would have guessed an Imperatori-era Il Ceppo. Wonder if Tonino and Giorgio ever got together? Good Pesaro-type pipes are great in all ways, in my experience.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Strange but true, some of the best pipe makers don't stay in business. I think of Bari, the Danish outfit, and Luciano, the Italian company. That Tonino-Jacono is handsome, looks like it would smoke great.

Status
Not open for further replies.