PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Another favorite gone. Sitting around the campfire with sundowners, Tom gets sung quite a bit, usually "Me and Jesus" followed by "I like Beer"......usually several times:) Rest In Peace.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

scout19d3

Can't Leave
Jul 6, 2021
Katy, TX USA
RIP
some of his songs that come to mind that I enjoy hearing - I'll only mention the ones that have not already been listed in this thread

A Week In A Country Jail - "hot bologna, eggs, and gravy" "where's the guy that thinks that this is Indianapolis" "that part about who I was, did not impress him"

The Cowboy And The Poet - "he had to drink a beer to keep his britches on his hips" "Son, it's faster horses, younger women, older whiskey, more money" "There was somethin' cold and shiny laying by my head, So I started to believe the things he said"

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
One of the greatest songwriters of our generation dies and very few of us care. Let some doped rock drummer die and people are throwing themselves on his funeral pyre.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Let some doped rock drummer die and people are throwing themselves on his funeral pyre.
Not everyone enjoys a storyteller or desires to understand his sophisticated tales of life. The music might have been simple accompaniments but, the stories were often complicated observations of life, Tom T. was nothing if not a serious observer of humans and their frailties and strengths.

Reactions: kcghost and dcon