PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesmk

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2013
Bethlehem,PA
Just ran into this news piece on the web, found it very interesting and wanted to share it with other fans:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/noble-smith/jrr-tolkien-reveals-the-t_b_5373529.html
Dan

Gabrieli Pipes :puffy:

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Thank you Dan, thank you. First time I've heard Tolkien's actual voice. For me, and those like me, it was like hearing tape of Isaac Newton or Ludvig Van Beethoven discussing their work. Thank you.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
This is great stuff. Thanks so much for sharing, and I look forward to listening to the recording.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I'm interested to read the newly released version of Beowulf that Tolkien wrote, but never previously released.

bluesmk

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2013
Bethlehem,PA
"Thank you Dan, thank you. First time I've heard Tolkien's actual voice. For me, and those like me, it was like hearing tape of Isaac Newton or Ludvig Van Beethoven discussing their work. Thank you."
Yes my friends I was no less excited when I read it and listened to it. Can't wait untill the tapes are released!

Dan

Gabrieli Pipes :puffy:

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
I'm just going to give a nod to Sigmund Freud and guess that the Ring represents a certain part of the female anatomy :wink: You know, all that power it has over a man, and how it enslaves him. And the evil, moody, nagging owner of it. I think I remember reading in the Silmarillion that Sauron wore hair-curlers and cold cream on his face and waited up for Morgoth to come home late-night after playing poker with the boys and cussed him for having alcohol on his breath and stinking of cigars.
Pretty obvious.

simnettpratt

Lifer
Nov 21, 2011
Shame on you jm! Shame shame shame! Hey, I had a friend who called, um, er It, the Talisman of Power.
"Why weren't you at the game?"
"She used the Talisman of Power."
"Oh. Ok, man. Cool."

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
If that is real, then it is a thing of wonder and I can't wait for the release of the full recording!
Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.