Tobaccos that Shine the Brightest in a Meerschaum?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

TheWhale13

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 12, 2021
Sweden
I have recently bought this meerschaum, which will probably arrive here soon. I am just wondering if you have any ideas about what kind of tobaccos taste the best in meerschaums?

I will probably smoke mainly Virginias in it since that's what I mainly smoke, but also some more aromatic ones, but I am a bit worried about ghosting. What do you think?

meerschaum.jpg

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
I smoke mainly burley, Virginia & VaPers. Meers will ghost, as will any pipe depending on the Blend and how it’s smoked. I mix my Revor, Condor& St. Bruno with everything else. I’ve not noticed any issues this far. I have a dedicated 60s Dunhill Shell Briar for Lakelands. ☕

• Love
Reactions: TheWhale13
Jun 23, 2019
New meerschaum have about a 2-3 bowls of this "sea taste" - I'd almost recommend going with some burleys or a nice cavendish blend to start things off.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
If it's your first time with meerschaum, rim darkening is nearly unavoidable. Even if you don't touch the rim with the flame of a lighter, the warm smoke traveling over the rim will do it. If you attempt to remove it, it just smears.