PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Looks like the transition is pretty much completed. There are additions to the front page from Jon Tillman (TR creator) and Chuck Stanion from P&T. We'll see where P&T takes it. The main thing for me would be for them to do something to improve the search options. What are your thoughts on this transition?

jayh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2010
I liked the format. Id like to be able to search by style or get similar mixture recommendations to review. Thats such a nebulous topic though.
If P&T stands for pipesandtobacco.com I worry. They have one of the least attractive websites I've ever seen. I already don't like the new banner on tobaccoreviews.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Yes it does stand for Pipes & Tobacco. They do produce a nice magazine every quarter. Like I say, it'll be interesting to see where they take it.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
To me, it seems like they plan to pretty much maintain the site the way it is, and monetize it with advertising.
That's a very smart move for P&T. It is exactly what I would have done if I were them.
I wonder if they'll ever get the images back in there, and why they took them out.
Oh ... and check out our site: http://luxurytobaccoreviews.com/

kcvet67

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2010
Even with it's faults, I think it is a great resource and I just don't want them to ruin it.
Absolutely, there is a wealth of info there, you just have to learn which reviewers to listen to and which to ignore. Actually, one of the most fun parts of reading TR can be the reiews written by pretentious little people who constantly complain that nothing quite compares to their "favorite" blend (which went out of production years before they were born).

Status
Not open for further replies.