• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
Last weeks winner of TT#2 was MacBaren Pure Virginia. Wow, it is a really good flake. I haven't smoked VA flakes in a while due to the weather, as I usually reserve VA for spring and summer. It has a really great creamy and buttery flavor about half way down. Definitely a great flake. Not sure If I'll buy anymore due to that I prefer some bulk flakes, especially Newminster no.400 SNF, and at the price point. I'd liken this blend similar to Dunhill/Peterson flake, a tad more sweet and moist but reminded me of the same profile from what I can remember.

Anyways, this week is the Balkan Blends. A few months ago I went out and bought a hefty number of the GLPease Balkans and one C&D. I've been trying to find another blend to cellar deeply, other than C&D Sunset Harbor Flake and SPC Plum Pudding, two of my favorites.

Enjoy this weeks Tobacco Tossup.

Reactions: danimalia

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
The only one I've had is Abingdon which I liked, but didn't love, when I had it a few years ago. Due to give it another shot. I voted for Charing Cross because I adore Kensington and CC is described as a fuller version of Kensington.

And while it's not on the list, I suggest trying the new one, Spark Plug... It's pretty excellent

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
I love Charing Cross... reminds me a bit of Dunhill Durbar. I bought the big 8oz tin since DD wasn't amongst the Peterson re-realeses. Haven't had the others so I'm voting for the one I know. I'll probably have a bowl of that later tonight, myself.

Reactions: sandollars
Status
Not open for further replies.