Tobacco that Burn Like Gunpowder, Even If You Smoke Slow.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
Sincerely, They gave me some too flavored tobaccos or with a lot of sauce, I don't know what the hell........And it burns my tongue just to smoke a bowl.........A gift from a friend I can't throw away. Maybe for the garden it is healthier..................I can also bury my friend along with the tobacco

Last edited:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My worst experience with "bite," a sort of chemical burn, was with a holiday blend that seemed to have cinnamon, some pine scent, and other holiday fragrances, but it just hurt like the devil. I promptly shifted to a few non-aromatics, much stronger blends, and had no problem at all. Usually, with aromatics, if the tobacco flavor is forward, they usually don't cause me a problem. I have had some bite with MacBaren blends, usually the ones with multiple tobaccos, but not as bad as the holiday blends, which are no holiday to me.

philobeddoe

Lifer
Oct 31, 2011
East Indiana
The worst tongue bite I’ve ever had was from Skandinavik, it was like putting a lit sparkler in my mouth. Middleton’s Apple was brutal on my mouth as well.

Reactions: JOHN72

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Few days ago, was enjoying a bowl. It was near the bottom, but was really liking it. So put my trusty Zippo on top and gently inhaled. Few bits of ember landed on my tongue. It wasn't pain so much as the char and ashes that annoyed me. Granger always gives me harsh smoke, but haven't had tongue bite since long ago.

F4RM3R

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 28, 2019
Canada
Well one memorable time was when I trying my first pouch of a va per blend(Dan’s St. Bernard) and got bit from a Virginia for the first time. It was like someone pouring acid on my tongue, I didn’t know what the hell was happening. I do remember the tobacco being quite moist though. I recovered quickly the next couple days, but it was brutal!

even now I have to be careful with Virginia, but that sure was a learning lesson. Sure was a tasty blend though