PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

redz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 2, 2021
Gaithersburg, MD
I just received a great deal on a new pipe, as some of you may have seen on my other post at the Tobacco Shack in Germantown, MD. I also scored a couple tins, and he threw in one for free as well. They are having a sale this week, up to 50% off pipes, and I think it was 40% off tobacco. Also, the guy told me they were getting more pipes in, and a tobacco supplier will be bringing down a new blend tomorrow and giving away free samples, so if your in the area stop on by...

redz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 2, 2021
Gaithersburg, MD
I used to go there all of the time when I worked in Germantown. I was recently wondering if they were still open.
I was under the impression that they were located on Wisteria Dr by the Dutch Market, but I found it on Mateny Rd by the Shoppers. Looks like they're renovating, so maybe they recently moved. There used to be a shop on Montgomery Village Ave too.

python

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 8, 2009
Maryland
pipesmagazine.com
I was under the impression that they were located on Wisteria Dr by the Dutch Market, but I found it on Mateny Rd by the Shoppers. Looks like they're renovating, so maybe they recently moved. There used to be a shop on Montgomery Village Ave too.

Yes, it used to be on Wisteria Drive back when I went there. They had more books, sports cards, coins, and other junk in there than tobacco back then as well.

Reactions: redz

jmill208

Lifer
Dec 8, 2013
Maryland USA
I’m in MoCo almost daily and never realized that this shop was in Germantown. I went looking for it once when it was by the Dutch Market and it was gone.

Also, the one in M Village seemed to just disappear on me.
Not sure if it is the same folks, but there used to be a store in the FSK mall in Frederick and in Mount Airy that I thought were the same owners. JB Tobacco? The Mount Airy one is still there, now called Tobacco Shack.

redz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 2, 2021
Gaithersburg, MD
I’m in MoCo almost daily and never realized that this shop was in Germantown. I went looking for it once when it was by the Dutch Market and it was gone.

Also, the one in M Village seemed to just disappear on me.
Not sure if it is the same folks, but there used to be a store in the FSK mall in Frederick and in Mount Airy that I thought were the same owners. JB Tobacco? The Mount Airy one is still there, now called Tobacco Shack.
Yeah, I guess they come and go fairly quickly. I've heard of the one in Mt Airy, but not sure if they're affiliated. The one in Germantown is now in the shopping center on the corner of Mateny Rd and Great Seneca Hwy, in between the Popeyes and Shoppers. You'll miss it if you don't know it's there, because there is no sign or lettering whatsoever, and the windows are covered up.

Reactions: lightxmyfire

jmill208

Lifer
Dec 8, 2013
Maryland USA
Yeah, I guess they come and go fairly quickly. I've heard of the one in Mt Airy, but not sure if they're affiliated. The one in Germantown is now in the shopping center on the corner of Mateny Rd and Great Seneca Hwy, in between the Popeyes and Shoppers. You'll miss it if you don't know it's there, because there is no sign or lettering whatsoever, and the windows are covered up.
Good to know, thanks. I used to live in Germantown years ago. It’s changed A LOT since those were my stomping grounds.

Reactions: ofafeather and redz

redz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 2, 2021
Gaithersburg, MD
I just got the scoop on the Tobacco Shack chain. There is a single owner and there used to be three locations, Germantown (Wisteria Dr), Montgomery Village, and Mt Airy. The locations at Wisteria Dr and Montgomery Village were sold, and they relocated to Mateny Rd, leaving only Germantown and Mt Airy remaining. Soon the Mt Airy location will be sold as well, just leaving the Germantown store on Mateny Rd as the sole location.

Reactions: ofafeather
Status
Not open for further replies.