Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
G.L. Pease had a dual release, so we figured we would review the new tobaccos back-to-back. As you will see from Kyle's review, Temple Bar is quite different than Regents Flake.
Check it out -

http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/pipe-tobacco-reviews/tobacco-review-gl-pease-temple-bar/

mackeson

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2016
Nice review. I also get quite a bit of enjoyment from Temple Bar's depth and complexity that seems to hit all the right spots for me. Though I could have never described it nearly as eloquently as Mr. Weiss did.

carver

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
I am not sure I get the point of a thread about a review that points to another thread about a review. Wouldn't it be easier to 'up' the main thread by replying to it ?

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
I am not sure I get the point of a thread about a review that points to another thread about a review. Wouldn't it be easier to 'up' the main thread by replying to it ?
The link doesn't point to another thread Carver. It is an article and whenever there is a new article Kevin informs everyone on the forums by posting a thread about it. I actually find it very useful since some of the members skips checking the Pipes Magazine homepage and directly go to the forums page.

kyleweiss

Lurker
Feb 12, 2016
Reno, NV
www.pipesmagazine.com
Hey, if you all want to talk about the stuff I try, we can do it here, or over there... no matter to me!
Temple Bar is a pretty fun smoke. After I took the pictures, to save time, I cut up the rest of the brick and have spent even more time with it. I'm smoking a tad now, just before midnight and I turn in for an early morning in the kitchen tomorrow...
...one of the nicest parts about it, along with Regents Flake, is the way the nicotine settles in my system. It's kind of awkward to talk about in an article, but I like having around a few tobaccos that tend to leave my body feeling relaxed and bit heavy, a feeling that comes on slowly. We've all be there, I assume, where the nicotine hits like a ton of bricks, the sweat starts pouring, the eyes start crossing and head feels a tad swimmy. Not that I'm opposed to such things...
... :D
(...just not all the time!)
Thanks all!
KW

Jul 12, 2011
I just picked up a 2oz tin of Temple Bar based on JimInks review, his review as always was SPOT ON! - :worship:
JimInks Review;

The earthy, tangy, dark fruit sweet red Virginia also has a touch of spice, and takes a lead over the other components, though not by much. The grassy, citrusy gold Virginia is in a supporting role. They have a light fermented taste, too. The Orientals offer smoke, wood, a little sweetness with a hint of sour and spice as they comprise an important part of the taste. The raisin and peppery perique is a very minor player, not always obvious to your taste buds, but you’ll occasionally sense its presence to one extent or another. The nic-hit is close to being medium. The strength is medium, and taste of the blend is just past medium. Won’t bite even when pushed, and has no dull, harsh or weak spots. The plug is mildly moist thick and a bit dense, but is easy to break apart to suit your packing preference. Because the plug is made of whole leaf, expect some veins in the tobacco as you prepare it. Moderately complex, and well balanced with body and depth, you notice most every aspect of the tobaccos in every puff. Burns a little slow, cool, clean and smooth from start to finish. Easily burns to ash with fewer relights than expected. Has a very pleasant woody sweet and sour after taste, and leaves little moisture in the bowl. The room note is pleasant. Not quite an all day smoke, but it certainly repeatable.

Jul 12, 2011
I have really been enjoying GLP's Temple Bar, it has been my AM smoke now with a side of Grady's ( New Orleans style iced coffee ) cold brew. The 2oz tin I received had about a year on it, I need to pickup a few more lbs of this stuff, wish they made 8oz tin options as I will get a few lbs for smoking now, but want a few more for aging. This stuff will SING with 5yrs+ on it. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.