PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nathaniel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 4, 2011
Morning all,
So if you're bored and want something to do, I need a name for my new Black Labrador. He's only 5 weeks old right now (I know, I know... but the breeder was selling them like hot cakes), and has been whining and barking since 5am. We only went to bed at 1:30. Yay for sleep deprivation! (training I suppose for the one still in the oven). :roll:
We already have a black lab/german shepherd mix named Gibson who is going on 2yrs, but I'm thinking maybe a good ole' tobacco related name for this one.
I've already tried convincing my wife to go with Briar or Tobold Hornblower of Longbottom, aka Toby or Old Toby; but she won't go for it... she says it's more of a hound name. :| So what other baccy names can you think of? Anything pipes, leaf, snuff, or cigars? Also open to beer related names.

Jun 26, 2011
Pacific Northwest USA
Tobacco and Black Lab, nothing comes to mind that I could see myself yelling out in public (-;

Ah but beer, Porter comes to mind immediately!
Puppies are soo much fun. Poo and pee and chewed up socks and underwear. Have fun with him!

ichbinmuede

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2011
Largo for Key Largo? Maybe Albert? Walter? That's the tobacco related names that I can think of off the top of my head.

yohanan

Lifer
Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.
Savinelli, Milano, Estella, Punto Oro, Capri, Oscar, Mister G, Zulu, Cutty, Dublin, Billiard, Sigla, Churchwarden, Cob, Missouri, Meerschaum, Peterson, Ascorti, Jobey, Bent Bob, Sandblast, Wally or Frank, Ropp, Dunhill, Hardcastle, Parker, and the list goes on, I like Churchwarden or Missouri. :puffy:

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
I love Black Labs and the best one I ever owned was simply named Josh, but then again that was n ot your question so how about one of these.
Captain
Dunhill
or my favorite "Jackknife" :)

stryder

Might Stick Around
Aug 24, 2011
Dublin,

Plug,

Sherlock / Watson,

Smoke
Just do not use a name that sounds like a command ex. "Bo" sounds like No....confuses the dog.

revs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2011
Utah
tobacco related name for a Black Lab? Why not Morton? as is Frog Morton. Or just plain Prince.

joe912

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 27, 2011
Wasilla, Alaska
My daughter calls my friend's lab mix "Lord Fartypants" and my 3 y/o son calls him Perthy The dog's name is Percy.
I like short, sweet names that can be hollered without sounding like I may have a speech impediment.
"Mac" is good. Such was the name of my best dog ever, a Rhodesian/lab mix.
How about "Meth"? That way you can have your own meth lab. Hmmm, that may be a little inappropriate.
Seriously though, I like "Gus" or "Hank" I know, not tobacco related. Soooo, what about Oom Paul?
Labs are GREAT dogs, have fun with him :D

wardrum

Might Stick Around
Sep 23, 2011
It took us almost 3 weeks to name our first dog. But back to yours I vote for Morton, Carter, Or Captain. Plus if he is a registerd dog and has to have 2 names they all would work.

Status
Not open for further replies.