PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

echie

Can't Leave
Jul 7, 2014
Amsterdam
I'll second (or third, or nth) Germain's Rich Dark Flake. I brought some with me when I moved to the US, and regret not having brought more.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
Well, I know you're getting huge list out of this thread, so I won't make things too much harder ... if I were headed to the U.K., I'd be loading up on as much Gallaher Limited Condor Plug as I could fit legally on a carry-on. Just wanted to make sure you didn't miss that one. :wink:

didache

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2017
London, England
Time to be serious! Unless your friends are willing to spend some of their limited and precious time hunting tobacco down, it would be much better to ask them to bring back something they can get at most supermarkets and newsagent shops. The 'big 5' which are available almost anywhere are: Condor RR, St Bruno RR, Mellow Virginia, Gold Block and Clan.
I can personally recommend the first three (in fact, St Bruno is my go-to day to day tobacco). I would avoid the last two, and especially the Clan which is vile stuff. All of the first three will give you an excellent smoke. The price for a 50g pouch will be £13-£14.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
As mentioned above, Mellow Virginia is an OTC over here and a damned fine one at that but of course no other OTC blend can beat the mighty Condor.
As Mike correctly pointed out above, Gold Block and Clan are akin to smoking cardboard!
Regards,
Jay.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Based upon my experience here, if there's a tobacco everyone seems to love, the cool thing to do is hate it based on principal. I thereby suggest that only a jackas would ever buy condor. I'll follow that up by saying I like condor, but also don't think highly of my opinions/tastes.

tozert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2017
Cornwall
I would vote for Revor Plug, Germains Rich Dark Flake and Brown Flake, and Warrior Plug. Best to pick up a little block of Condor just for fun, it comes in a neat little 25g block. Tobacconists are few and far between, so advanced planning might be wise!

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
you wont find Condor plug in England ,its only available in Ireland.England gets ready rubbed(almost anywere has it) and less available Long Cut flake.
Depending how long they are there for you could order from one of the good on line retailers and get it sent to your friends address/hotel

Status
Not open for further replies.