PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Yeah, the "tobacco from" is the most important part! That Marlin Flake could be from Bhutan for all you know. Not that this is necessarily a bad thing, but what if you had latent anti-Bhutanese tendencies to begin with, and this tobacco just comes into your life and throws everything into chaos? At the very least, it'd certainly make for a lackluster smoking experience.

These are the kinds of thought streams that keep my pipe club Zoom invitations to a minimum... 🤪

Jul 17, 2017
NV
pencilandpipe.home.blog
“British Collection”
Tobacco from ?
Blended in Germany
Canned in the USA

View attachment 252067
Maybe the globalist nature of the product is what qualifies it for the British Collection?

The American collection is Blended in China, the can is made in Bangladesh, and then assembled in the USA, the whole product is packaged in Taiwan, then imported back to the USA and distrubuted by SC Johnson.

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
One good thing to know is you will be seeing more K&K stuff stateside as we are helping in the canning process, big things are afoot this is just the beginning.

Reactions: Friendly Piper

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
Who be “we”?
Until there is an official announcement as this is the first tin I've seen marked thus let's just say a major distibuter in the US. Birdies are whispering not shouting at the moment. I for one am excited to see more Rattrays, Robert McConnell, and hopefully Fribourg and Treyer. But I don't know about that last one.

BTW what/where is the date code not the bar code on that tin?

Last edited:

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
Until there is an official announcement as this is the first tin I've seen marked thus let's just say a major distibuter in the US. Birdies are whispering not shouting at the moment. I for one am excited to see more Rattrays, Robert McConnell, and hopefully Fribourg and Treyer. But I don't know about that last one.

BTW what/where is the date code not the bar code on that tin?
Did the US distributor for Rattray just change?

Reactions: Friendly Piper

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
On my world map it looks like that would be somewhere on the border between Reebok/Nike and the call centers.

View attachment 252109
"Beep ... Hello My name is Robert ... I would like to talk to you about saving money with solar panel/' health insurance/ new flat roof/ medicare benefits/ ... if you don't have time now I can call back 12 more times..."

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Maybe the globalist nature of the product is what qualifies it for the British Collection?

The American collection is Blended in China, the can is made in Bangladesh, and then assembled in the USA, the whole product is packaged in Taiwan, then imported back to the USA and distrubuted by SC Johnson.
You need to smoke it to know what's in it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Tobacco as a market has always been globalist. The first tobacco was shipped to the world from North America and became a cash crop on other continents wherever it could be grown, and then was shipped around from all the different tobacco growing regions. Like tea, coffee, and various alcoholic beverages, tobacco is absolutely a cosmopolitan commodity.

It's in human nature to desire the exotic import, and many tobacco products embody that appeal.

People who rail against globalism then jump a jet to the remotest corners of the world and always vacation beyond their own borders, so it is a definite contradiction. Oddly, part of the fun of travel is experiencing the uniqueness of other cultures, another contradiction.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
I guess greater availability is a positive thing, but isn't K&K typically where blends go to be "reformulated" into something unrecognizable?
Some. STG isn't above reformulation either.
In the past 10 years, K&K have done some great things too.

I've recently heard some whispers regarding K&K and something about a "separation".

Status
Not open for further replies.