PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spacetime512

Lurker
Feb 5, 2020
HUGE thanks to americaman for sending me many different blends to try for the first time. I posted an introduction here on the forums a few weeks back and americaman offered to help me get started finding blends that I might like. Smoking these various blends will be some significant part of my evening to look forward to while the world is going crazy outside. I will post a comprehensive review thread in the appropriate section in the coming week. Once again, thank you to americaman for welcoming me in this kind manner. Really everyone here has been fantastically helpful and welcoming. So thanks to the members more broadly as well.

0321201645.jpg

Pierre1965

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 6, 2020
Awesome! Looks like he hooked you up with some tasty samples. His generosity sets the stage for your pipe smoking experience and I'm sure some day you'll pay it forward to a future new smoker.

Reactions: Spacetime512

americaman

Part of the Furniture Now
May 1, 2019
Los Angeles, CA
Hey man, enjoy the samples. If there is a certain blend type you like let me know, and I can send you some more. I wish I had samples when I first started so that I wouldn’t have spent so much money exploring blends, but at the same time, it was fun buying blends to try. People in the pipe community are very generous, so I would like to continue that tradition as much as possible.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Very generous indeed. And when you are on the other side of the gifting, it will be just as exciting to give as it is to receive.
I have a friend/coworker who seemed genuinely interested when I told him I was a pipe smoker. And he said he always kind of wanted to try it. So randomly one day I asked for his address and surprised him with a pipe and some tobacco in the mail. He was so excited when he received it, and he's now a full time Piper. Especially from a guy who never smoked anything in his day prior, that's a huge deal.

Gifts are fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.