PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hakchuma

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2014
It's been interesting to see all the items on back order at pipes and cigars. for the past week I've been keeping an eye on GL pease cans especially the 8oz cans at smoking pipes. They are hanging onto their inventory a bit longer than pipes and cigars for sure. Howeve I can now see the back orders moving on over to smoking pipes.
Grabbed some 8oz Tripple Play and the order is in contention between me and someone else. They are going to notify me if the other guy beat me to it. I'll have to change my order if so.
Grab them while u can?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Triple Play is worth the effort, if your order comes through. One of the great plugs.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I've noticed this too, and I have done a bit of research into the deeming laws. One poster online (on some forum other than this, wish I could remember) received a letter from his congressman, and the congressman was not happy with the FDA overreach since there is apparently no Congressional authority for some of the FDA's recent deeming actions, particularly relating to the 2007 cutoff for tobacco blends being on market. I understand (though can't vouch with any certainty) that a rider has been attached to one of the bills, and the rider places the cutoff date at the time that the bill is passed, rather than 2007. It's still an overreach, and obviously the new regulations could prove to be problematic, but the rider would be an improvement.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
Items on the shelves before 2007 will not be effected by the new deeming regulations. Those marketed after that date will be so it's likely that those blends will be in short supply in the near future as blenders do not want to be sitting on inventory they can't sell. Panic buying will only make things worse. My approach has been to identify blends not effected by deeming that I like. I wouldn't count on congress to get ANYTHING done. If by chance they did it would be something unusual.

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
Day-O... Dayayay O! Daylight's comin an I wanna go home! Come, Mr. Tallyman, tally me pipe blenda's, daylight's comin an I wanna go home... (to smoke them). :D
And then I was trying to visualize what a riot of pipesters would look like... probably would be one of the most mellow and thoughtful riots of all time.

okiebrad

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 13, 2016
And then I was trying to visualize what a riot of pipesters would look like... probably would be one of the most mellow and thoughtful riots of all time.
funny-protest-sign-march.jpeg

badger

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 2, 2016
What if the last trumpet of the apocalypse actually sounds like calypso?
Conspiracy-Keanu-360x270-6ed54d3bb1735595.jpg

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
And Jacques Cousteau was a pipe smoker. And his ship was the Calypso. See how this is all coming together? The forces in the universe are aligning :worship:

Status
Not open for further replies.